The RidgeWalk - 13 miles
About the event
Take on the challenge of a half marathon at your own pace
Experience sunrise on the Ridgeway and see the stunning countryside coming to life as you climb 789ft through the beautiful Oxfordshire countryside.
Take on the challenge solo or sign up as a team of up to six people – a great way to build friendships and socialise across companies, friends and family alike.
|Start||Location||Distance||Entry fee||Min sponsorship|
|Sunday 25 June 2017, 8am||Crowmarsh Village Hall, Wallingford||Half-marathon||£25 per person||Individual £250
Step one - reserve your place
Whether you will be arranging your own team or not, we ask every participant to first apply for their own place on the RidgeWalk.
Step two - confirm your place
All applications will be assessed within a few days by our Events team.
We will then contact you to complete your registration and confirm your team.
The RidgeWalk follows the oldest path in Britain – the Ridgeway. Starting at Crowmarsh Village Hall, the route will take you on an exhilarating mental and physical 13 mile challenge before finishing at Field Farm in Watlington.
Event registration will open at 6.45am until 7.30am at Crowmarsh Village Hall. A short event briefing will then take place before the claxon sounds for the start at 8.00am. You will then have six hours to take on the 13 mile route.
At the finish will be music, hot food, drinks, massages and much more, so why not get your family and friends to come along and cheer you over the finish line!
I have done many events before and the support given has been the absolute best I have experiences.” One of the 2016 RidgeWalkers
How we will support you
Our expert National Events team is on hand to offer you an unrivalled support package, which includes:
- Once you’ve registered, a comprehensive welcome pack including information about the event and training guide
- On event, a registration pack including participant number, timing chip, detailed route guides and a RidgeWalk t-shirt
- A celebratory finish with breakfast and a glass of bubbly included
- A well-deserved massage waiting for you at the finish
- A finishers medal
- Experienced event crew throughout: from registration to checkpoints and the finish
- Refreshments at regular checkpoints
- Fully way marked route
- First aid support
- Event photographer
How long should it take me?
- Power walker – less than 4.5 hours (3 miles an hour)
- Strider – less than 5.5 hours (2.5 miles an hour)
- Stroller – less than 7 hours (2 miles an hour)