The RidgeWalk - 52 miles
About the event
Do you have what it takes to walk 52 miles in just 24 hours?
Put your stamina and agility to the test in this walking ultramarathon. Pace yourself throughout the tough event in an amazing location and discover your inner strength as you climb 3,800ft.
Take on the challenge solo or sign up as a team of up to six people – a great way to build friendships and socialise across companies, friends and family alike.
|Start||Location||Distance||Entry fee||Min sponsorship|
|Saturday 24 June 2017, 2pm||Barbury Castle||Ultramarathon||£25
Step one - reserve your place
Whether you will be arranging your own team or not, we ask every participant to first apply for their own place on the RidgeWalk.
Step two - confirm your place
All applications will be assessed within a few days by our Events team.
We will then contact you to complete your registration and confirm your team.
Located in the beautiful Wiltshire and Oxfordshire landscape, The RidgeWalk follows the oldest path in Britain – the Ridgeway. Starting at Barbury Castle near Swindon, the route will take you through an exhilarating mental and physical 52 mile challenge before finishing at Field Farm in Watlington.
Event registration will open at 12.45pm until 1.30pm at Barbury Castle. A short event briefing will then take place before the claxon sounds for the start at 2.00pm. You will then have 24 hours to take on the 52 mile route.
At the finish will be music, hot food, drinks, massages and much more, so why not get your family and friends to come along and cheer you over the finish line!
“There was a great atmosphere and camaraderie between walkers, due to doubt to Sense’s planning, support and encouragement along the way, which was first rate throughout. Yes, it really hurt at the end, but the sense of achievement is something I’ll always cherish.” One of the 2016 RidgeWalkers
How we will support you
Our expert National Events team is on hand to offer you an unrivalled support package, which includes:
- Once you’ve registered, a comprehensive welcome pack including information about the event and training guide
- Luggage transfer for kit to the mid-way point
- On event morning, a registration pack including participant number, timing chip, glow sticks, detailed route guides and a RidgeWalk t-shirt
- Detailed guide for support crew
- A celebratory finish with breakfast and a glass of bubbly included
- A well-deserved massage waiting for you at the finish
- A finishers medal
- Experienced event crew throughout: from registration to checkpoints and the finish
- Refreshments at regular checkpoints
- Fully way marked route
- First aid support
- Event photographer
For the 52 mile route, you must also have a support crew supporting you across the weekend. They are a vital component of your success – they will be the ones to meet you at the checkpoints along the route, to provide you with boosts of encouragement and some of your favourite snacks!
How long should it take me?
- Power walker – less than 18 hours (3 miles an hour)
- Strider – less than 21 hours (2.5 miles an hour)
- Stroller – less than 26 hours (2 miles an hour)